— Each purchase includes a multi-format download redeemable via Bandcamp.
Maxmillion Dunbar’s Woo Daps reimagines the lavish loveletting of this year’s House of Woo as an almost hour long, free mixtape. An unfurling, dizzy whisp of new tracks, album remixes and studio / live collaborations, Dunbar’s Daps tools together live dubs, quick edits and spontaneous segues to raise the roof of Woo to extra life levels.
Daps’s details include a Dunbar remix of Woo waster “Inca Tags” featuring Peter Zummo, the NYC composer behind the dome-cracked Zummo With an X and undeniable trombone voice on many Arthur Russell joints, plunderphonic freak Co La and flutist Sami Yenigun.
Elsewhere in Daps, a Ttam Renat remix of “Loving the Drift” which shrouds the original in a signature Mood Hut ambient house sheen and a live synth lid-flipper of Woo’s “Kangaroo” with Future Times labelmates Protect-U and Aaron Coyes of Peaking Lights.
Daps also features three unreleased tracks not far from the Woo universe, but forecasting the future space that Dunbar will inevitably occupy. Says Dunbar, “House Of Woo feels almost like an island to me now, a planet in the rearview that I was exploring but probably won’t see again, and to dip back into that world was fun.”
Maxmillion Dunbar’s Woo Daps is available now for free to the world via RVNG Intl.
01. Coins For The Canopy (Dolo Constellation Dub) + Kangaroo brass
02. For Mozy (OG Ambience) + spare drums
03. For Mozy (Original Electro version)
04. Inca Tags (Trumpet Sludge) + spare drums
05. Inca Tags (Remix feat. Peter Zummo, Co La, Sami Yenigun)
06. Calvin & Hobbes (ECM Mix)
07. Loving The Drift (Ttam Renat Remix)
08. Untitled I
09. Slave To The Vibe (Cathedral 808 Mix) + drum work
10. Untitled II
11. Kangaroo (Live Jam Mix w/ Protect-U, and Aaron Coyes from Peaking Lights)
12. Untitled III