Craig Leon performs his seminal solo album Nommos with the American Contemporary Music Ensemble tomorrow, Wednesday April 30th at Le Poisson Rouge. Advance tickets are $13, and any remaining will be available on the door for $15.
We are offering our Drip.fm members a chance to win two tickets to the show – if you’e not a subscriber to our Drip yet, it’s never too late!
Please note that Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe will replace Bill Kouligas as the special guest. Doors are at 7pm.
If NYC is too far from home, Le Poisson Rouge will stream the show live at this link.
For more info on Nommos and the forthcoming 2xLP release, Anthology of Interplanetary Folk Music, please head to the RVNG shop.
new ep from gardland – improvisations culls material from a live recording on spiral sounds radiothat first inspired rvng to sign mark and alex. stream “0214 Pt. 2″ below. pre-order the 12” at the shop
Listen to the archive of the April edition of Making Time RADio with Dave P. on WXPN on the Making Time RADio player below:
Making Time RADio with Dave P. on WXPN. April editon (4/4/14) playlist:
1. K. Leimer – Gisella (RVNG Intl)
2. Vermont – Katzenjammer (Kompakt)
3. Not Waving – No Kill (self released)
4. Jagwar Ma – Uncertainty (Ewan Pearson Remix) (Marathon / PIAS)
5. Man Power – Hula (Correspondant)
6. AD – Asbestos (PeopleGetReal-Edit)(self released)
7. Willie Burns – Fast Times at Long Island City High (Unknown to the Unknown)
8. Medlar – Tides (This is Music)
9. Jamie XX – Sleep Sound (Young Turks)
10. Frankey & Sandrino – The Edge (Innervisions)
11. Daniel Bortz – Monkey Biznizz (Club Version) (Suol)
12. Cut Copy – In These Arms of Love (Modular)
13. Legowelt – Days of Persistence (L.I.E.S.)
14. Margot – Waldorf (Erol Alkan’s Extended Rework) (Les Disques De La Mort)
15. Dimitir Veimar – Slave (Darkroom Dubs)
16. Mano Le Tough – Return to Yoz (Maeve)
17. Javi Redondo – Motorway (Get a Room! Remix) (Meant Records)
18. Liars – Vox_Tuned_D.E.D (Mute)
19. Zombies in Miami – Canibal (Demian remix) (la Dame Noir Records)
20. Catalepsia – Quartz Giaponese (Days of Being Wild)
21. Mineo – Get Out Fight (Crosstown Rebels)
22. Carisma – Talento Matemático (Comeme)
23. Rachel Row – L Square (Kink Beat Mix) (Pets Recordings)
24. Hecules & Love Affair – Raid (Special Requests)
25. Tiga vs. Audion – Fever (Kink Remix) (Turbo Recordings)
26. Mia Dorb – Unsub (Optimo Traxx)
27. Paul Woolford – Erotic Discourse (Denise & Pika remix) (Hotflush)
28. Matrixxman – Simulation (Creepy Autograph remix)(Ultramajic)
29. Artwork – Let Go of this Acid (Numbers)
30. The Emperor Machine – RMI Is All I Want (Erol Alkan’s Extended rework) (Southern Fried)
Thank YOU for listening and see you on the other side on Friday May 2nd from 7-9pm EST for the May edition of Making Time RADio with Dave P. on WXPN !!! Listen on 88.5 XPN in Philly, www.xpn.org EVERYWHERE and on the Making Time iPhone app EVERYWHERE !!!
holly herndon participates in the seven on seven conference at the new museum in new york city. presented by rhizome, seven on seven pairs seven leading artists with seven influential technologists in teams of two, and challenges them to develop something new–whatever they choose to imagine—over the course of a single day. holly will be paired with kate ray, the founder of scroll kit.
RVNG Intl. presents At The Mercy Of It All, a film by Jason Evans inspired by The Body’s newly released album, I Shall Die Here. Living in a cabin on the edge of the woods, an isolated man tries desperately to hold onto his memory while forced to confront a raging storm.
“One’s mind and the earth are in a constant state of erosion, mental rivers wear away abstract banks, brain waves undermine cliffs of thought, ideas decompose into stones of unknowing, and conceptual crystallizations break apart into deposits of gritty reason.” – Robert Smithson
With musical performances by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith & Austin Cesear
Saturday April 5th at 2 pm
Free to the public.
Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive
2626 Bancroft Way
As part of The Possible
RVNG Intl. founder Matt Werth presents a program with enigmatic six-octave vocalist, instrument builder, theorist, cosmos traveller and conduit Bobby Brown. Bobby has become a legend in certain circles by way of two albums made ten years apart, The Enlightening Beam of Axonda by Bobby Brown (1972) and Prayers of a One Man Band (1982).
After years of correspondence, Bobby will sit down with Matt in person in front of a small audience to record a conversation offering stories of his life and work. This recording session will include a live interpretation of Bobby’s music by Bay Area musicians Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith and Austin Cesear.
the body’s bone-rattling new album with production by the haxan cloak is now available worldwide.
buy the special edition LP at the rvng shop– includes white vinyl and a fold-out poster made available to pre-order customers of the standard edition and loyal RVNG heads first. only 100 available from the limited pressing of 300 copies.