The Congos meet Sun Araw and M. Geddes Gengras for a live FRKWYS and beyond dub session at Le Poisson Rouge. Max D’s also on the bill with Protect-U as Future Times, dubbing out Peaking Lights.
Monthly Archives: May 2013
rain of nyc + electronic music of niger #yolototo
The archive of last Friday’s May edition of Making time RADio with Dave P. on 88.5 XPN is now available for your ears !!!
Catch up on all past / present / future Making Time RADio archives; Dave P will be back on WXPN Friday June 7th from 7-9pm EST.
Here’s the playlist for Dave P’s May edition of Making Time RADio on WXPN:
1. Dean Blunt – FLAXEN (Hippos in Tanks)
2. Wild Nothing – A Dancing Shell (Captured Tracks)
3. Caveman – In the City (Fat Possom)
4. Goat – Run to Your Mama (Redg Weeks remix) (Rocket Recordings)
5. Maps – I Heard Them Say (Andy Stott remix) (Mute)
6. Sjoko – o (Turntable Sounds)
7. Grizzly Bear – Sleeping Ute (Nicolas Jaar Remix) (Warp)
8. The Asphodells – We are the Axis (Dan Avery remix) (Rotter’s Golf Club)
9. Jagwar Ma – Man I Need (10 minute version) (Future Classics)
10. Little Boots – Broken Record (JDH & Chupacabras Remix)
11. Mickey Moonlight – Changalaxy (Jokers of the Scene remix) (Ed Banger)
12. Jee Day – Sum of Love (Lauer remix) (Beats in Space)
13. Name in Lights – Naughty (Free Association)
14. Chicken lips – All that You Do (The Rhythm Odyssey remix) (Southern Fried)
15. Matias Aguayo – El Sucu Tucu (Comeme)
16. Mark E. – Fake Bitches (Young Adults)
17. Kolsch – Goldfisch (Kompakt)
18. Breach – Jack (Dirtybird) (ACAPELLA)
19. Bot’ox – The Face of Another (Tuff City Kids remix) (I’m a Cliche) 20. Daniele Baldelli & Marco Diongi – Tunnel (Let’s Get Lost)
21. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Slave (Universal)
22. Emperor Machine – Like a Machine (Andrew Weatherall remix) (Southern Fried)
23. Julio Bashmore & Kowton – Mirror Song (Broadwalk Records)
24. Tiga – Plush (I:Cube remix) (Turbo Recordings)
25. Scuba – Hardbody (SCB edit) (Hotflush)
26. Dimitri Veimar – Obama & Birds (Clouded Vision)
27. Innershades – That Girl (Wicked Bass)
28. Tom Rowlands – Through Me (Phantasy Sound)
29. Pulp – After You (Soulwax remix)
30. Surkin – Tiger Rhythm (Marble)
31. Gold Panda – Brazil (Ghostly International)
32. Ty Segall – Music for a Film (Famous Class)
33. Savages – She Will (Matador)
This Friday, May 10, 6-8pm at the Glass House (199 Elm St., New Canaan, CT), Arp (aka Alexis Georgopoulos) will perform the site-specific piece, Erratics, alongside work by noted visual artist Tauba Auerbach as part of the Night Sounds performance series.
Erratics consists of a suite of compositions written for cello and French horn. For this performance, three double-sided vinyl acetates will be pressed with the singular musical elements from the compositions and will be arranged by Arp live on site using two turntables. Due to the fragile nature of vinyl acetate, the sound will degrade, distort, and dissolve during the performance. This quality will be exploited to emphasize ideas of material, relation to time, to sound and to degradation and obfuscation.
We will be releasing a deluxe and very limited version of this material Arp performs as part of the Night Sounds series. This will feature exclusive artwork by Tauba Auerbach and be on 3 LPs featuring the acetates with which Arp is performing, allowing the deluxe-buyer to mix their own version of the album. A standard version featuring two 20-minute sides of the Arp mix will also be available.
Maxmilion Dunbar will perform at the fifth anniversary of Triple Canopy at China Chalet. The D will be joined by Masks (one-half of which is none other than ARP), My Barbarian and BFFA3AE; Jon Santos, Michael Magnan (Fatherhood), and the captain of this RVNG ship Matt Werth will DJ. Tickets are $10 at the door or pay-as-you-wish online now.
12 inches ’til June – Stellar Om Source and Kassem Mosse excel together on the first single from Christelle’s new album, Joy One Mile. Pre-order the limited ‘Elite Excel’ 12″ b/w Kassem Mosse remix at the shop.